- Leather shoes are not waterproof except when specially treated.
- Unlined nubuck and leather shoes cannot be made colourfast and some colour loss will be experienced during wear.
- Brand new leather soled shoes should never be worn in wet conditions. It is important to wear them on a dry day to build up a layer of grit on the soles. This protects the leather and extends its life.
- Damp shoes should be allowed to dry in a well ventilated place. Drying in front of a heat source such as a radiator will cause evaporation of oil in the leather resulting in cracking of leather.
- Examine shoes frequently and make any necessary repairs to the heels and soles. This maintains the balance of the shoes and helps prevent seams splitting.
- Heal and toe tips are not guaranteed.
- Rotate your shoes as much as possible to allow them a chance to expel any moisture build up from perspiration thus extending the life of both the leather and the stitching.
Cleaning your Shoes
- Regular cleaning and polishing helps to preserve your shoes and protect against water damage.
- Remove dust and dirt with a clean cloth or by light brushing.
- Standard leather shoes: Apply a coat of wax polish or a shoe cream and buff with a soft brush or cloth to shine.
- Suede and nubuck: Apply a nubuck leather spray or suede renovator to freshen up leather.
- We are happy to issue a refund if shoes or boots are returned to us with receipt within 28 days of purchase, unworn and in their original condition and packaging. Goods purchased in a Cinders @ Dunnes outlet must be returned to a Dunnes store with a Cinders outlet.
- No exchange on handbags.
- If shoe is deemed by us to be faulty, we will offer a repair, replacement or refund provided it is returned within three months of purchase and upon production of proof of purchase.
- We are not responsible for defects arising from misuse of shoes.
The above does not effect your statutory rights