- Leather shoes are not waterproof except when specially treated.
- Unlined nubuck and leather shoes cannot be made colourfast and some colour loss will be experienced during wear.
- Brand new leather soled shoes should never be worn in wet conditions. It is important to wear them on a dry day to build up a layer of grit on the soles. This protects the leather and extends its life.
- Damp shoes should be allowed to dry in a well ventilated place. Drying in front of a heat source such as a radiator will cause evaporation of oil in the leather resulting in cracking of leather.
- Examine shoes frequently and make any necessary repairs to the heels and soles. This maintains the balance of the shoes and helps prevent seams splitting.
- Heal and toe tips are not guaranteed.
- Rotate your shoes as much as possible to allow them a chance to expel any moisture build up from perspiration thus extending the life of both the leather and the stitching.
Cleaning your Shoes
- Regular cleaning and polishing helps to preserve your shoes and protect against water damage.
- Remove dust and dirt with a clean cloth or by light brushing.
- Standard leather shoes: Apply a coat of wax polish or a shoe cream and buff with a soft brush or cloth to shine.
- Suede and nubuck: Apply a nubuck leather spray or suede renovator to freshen up leather.
- We are happy to issue a refund if shoes or boots are returned to us with receipt within 28 days of purchase, unworn and in their original condition and packaging. Please note we cannot accept shoes purchased online for return in any of our Dunnes Stores outlets. Please follow the instructions outlined on our Returns policy page in order to make your return. Goods purchased in a Cinders @Dunnes outlet must be returned to a Dunnes store with a Cinders outlet only.
- No exchange on handbags.
- If shoe is deemed by us to be faulty, we will offer a repair, replacement or refund provided it is returned within three months of purchase and upon production of proof of purchase.
- We are not responsible for defects arising from misuse of shoes.
The above does not effect your statutory rights